Kevin and Spencer

Saturday, May 7, 2011

(Kevin) Predeparture Training - Day 6: Finale!

That's it! Predeparture training is over, and I'm now on my way to Malawi. I just wanted to post a quick update that I'm currently on route to southern Africa with 17 other JFs, and we should be arriving in Malawi in the next 24hrs. Very exciting!

One plan of action that I've taken away from the week is that I want to create an interactive workshop this summer - one that's based on the Decision Support System (DSS) in Malawi. In my head, this vision seems very achievable, and involves Guelph students learning about appropriate technology in the context of systems and people. I would love to be a part of inspiring such dialogue. 

I'm hoping that I can collaborate with Ali, who is a JF from the University of Regina that is also working with the DSS. She's awesome, and I can't wait to kick it off!

Let's hope that a few hours of sleep can be grabbed along the way. I look forward to posting again as soon as I can.


Be well, much love, and take it real easy.

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I know you are going to do an amazing job Kevin, just keep your head up and remember we are all here for you.

    ReplyDelete