Kevin and Spencer

Sunday, May 8, 2011

(Spencer) Trading Places

Time Stamp 1:41 pm Sunday.
~one week until setting foot in Ghana
-5 hours 19 minutes until pre-departure begins
-3 hours 19 minutes until the final G&RI team skype call
-1 hour until I leave home for the summer
-45 minutes until my mother breaks down crying and I with her

It is an incredible feeling to leave the comfort, love and safety that I am so accustomed behind to move forward to tackle new challenges and experience a different side of life. The feelings inside are a tangled mix of excitement, fear, celebration, nervousness, love and enough tickles of emotion in my stomach to have me breaking into uncertain smiles.

I thought to myself how better to pass on a feeling than through a picture. This image had the initial intent to be shared so no better time than now when it may illuminate my innards.

Interrupt however you please as is the case with art, but a brief explanation is in order. The EWB lightbulb is the summer, growing and thriving, exciting and new while the exterior is the rest of me, nervous and volatile. The light pushes back the confusion and as I know for myself, everything moves in a positive direction.


Kevin; we have traded places, I take on very position you were in a week ago. While you enter Malawi today, I will do the same next week (in Ghana of course).

In this coming week May 8th to May 15th I will be living in the EWB house with the other West African JFs. Learning for and discussing the up coming summer. There will be stories to share and a wealth of information to absorb. I look forward diving into pre-departure and sharing as much I as can. Please bare with me as I become more familiar with blogging, I except refinements in the technique and style.
Time Stamp 2:15pm - wow does time fly

I love you all,
Spencer

1 comment:

  1. You rock dude! Can't wait until you're on this side of the world :-)

    ReplyDelete